Discovery Educational Trust is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) created following the conversion of St Martin's School to Academy Status on 1st July 2011.
As a Trust we aim to develop a vibrant partnership of primary and secondary schools, all united in one goal to provide the best possible learning experience and environment not only for our current children but also for the next generation of pupils.
The Trust will continue striving to improve the levels of performance of its students and pupils at all levels and will attempt to maintain its recent progress in ensuring the number of students and pupils on roll properly reflects the demand for places. The Trustees will continue to enhance and expand facilities in pursuance of the Trust's commitment to ensure that all students and pupils achieve their potential. It is recognised that pupils with differing abilities and aptitudes will have differing curriculum requirements and that a greater diversity of learning environments will be required to deliver these.
What is an Academy?
An Academy is a state-funded, community school serving local residents. Academies are accessible to all families, and remain part of the family of local schools. They provide free education for students of all abilities.
Each Discovery Educational Trust School has its own Local Governing Body; each Local Governing Body includes representatives from the school’s parents and carers, staff and local community members. Ultimate legal responsibility for all matters relating to each school resides with the Discovery Educational Trust Schools’ Trust Board.
Our ultimate aim is for each Discovery Educational Trust School to provide children and young people with an excellent, enjoyable and fulfilling education. Highly-qualified, well-trained teachers will apply DET Schools’ approach to learning and teaching to enable our children to flourish.
Vision and Strategy
The principal object and aim of the Trust is the operation of schools to provide free education and care for pupils of different abilities.
The individual schools will work towards achieving these aims by:
- Ensuring that every child enjoys a high quality education in terms of resourcing, teaching and learning, curriculum provision and assessment;
- Raising the standard of educational achievement to ensure high levels of progress and attainment for all pupils;
- Improving the effectiveness of the individual schools by keeping the curriculum and organisational structure under continual review;
- Providing value for money for the funds expended;
- Complying with all appropriate statutory and curriculum requirements;
- Conducting the school's business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity;
- Establishing high quality care, guidance and support of pupils, personal development and wellbeing and inclusiveness;
- Ensuring clear leadership and management.
The Trust aims to get the best for, and from, each child. We intend to enable each child to realise his or her full academic, creative and physical potential and to develop positive social and moral values.